10.20.2006

Zach and I headed south for an hour or so to go catch Pipe Creek, a little II+ stream so we could get on some new water. It was a decent run, and when I was taking some photos I thought I'd do a photo dump. Here ya go:

Fall and summer paddling 001

My new Shuttle.

Fall and summer paddling 085

The big waves on Lake Michigan. Windy as all hell.

Fall and summer paddling 058

D-Rad's still life from our Canada trip.

Fall and summer paddling 092

Me on the big-ish wave on Pipe Creek.

Fall and summer paddling 091

Fall and summer paddling 111

Zach on the pipe creek wave.

Fall and summer paddling 115

Zach sticking his roll. Woot.

Fall and summer paddling 119

This is a dam/ledge combo that we looked at for awhile. There was a line down the right hand side of the double-drop, but it required some cross-current speed and a boof at the end. I would have given it a run if I had my creeker with, but I didn't trust the Kingpin's speed or ability to get out of the significant hole at the bottom. Next time.

Fall and summer paddling 120

The weir half of the drop, along with a pensive Zach. Fortunately, he is using proper scouting posture, with the hands tugging down on the PFD. Well done.

No comments: